Home » Boy Hospitalized After Beating, But Police Can't Arrest Attacker

Boy Hospitalized After Beating, But Police Can't Arrest Attacker

A brave 6-year-old boy is recovering after being viciously attacked. He was beaten so bad that he needed emergency eye surgery. His story is absolutely heartbreaking, but his attacker won't be getting arrested.

Carter English is a goodhearted little boy who knows the difference between right and wrong. That's why, when he saw a group of kids bullying his friend, he knew he had to stand up. Sadly, his courage landed him in the Harborview Medical Center in Seattle, where he received emergency surgery to repair a laceration to his eye — just a small part of the price he paid for his courage.

The 6-year-old Olympia, Washington boy was allegedly assaulted, viciously attacked, and beat up by a group of as many as 7 kids when he confronted them for bullying his friend."It's been hell," Carter's mother Dana said as she cried. "I haven't slept. I haven't eaten. I can't do anything. I can't even leave his side.”

The assault occurred at the English's Olympia apartment complex on a Wednesday afternoon, leaving Carter in the hospital for two days. According to the boy, the kids who attacked him were all around his age. "They were just bullying him, like beating him up," a tearful Carter recalled, speaking of the group of bullies who were harassing his friend. "I just told them to stop… and then they did it to me.” Now, he's scared it will happen again, according to ABC 7.

Carter was beaten with rocks and sticks, and he even had sawdust rubbed into his eyes. In addition to the laceration to his eye that needed surgical repair, he was also left with a broken arm and several cuts and bruises across his head and face, KOMO News reported. According to friends of the family, he also had a concussion, and his arm wasn't just broken — his elbow was also fractured in 3 places.

Making matters even more heartwrenching, Dana's friend explainedthat Carter has Autism. "He is a very smart boy and loves video games, playing with his friends and being with his family. What happened to him wasn't okay," they wrote on a GoFundMe account that was set up to help the family with medical expenses.

The campaign quickly raised over $45,000 for the boy and his family before the mother shut down donations, explaining on Facebook, "It has gotten way bigger than we intended." Dana added, "We appreciate it so much more than words could ever express, ”saying the money is literally life-changing for them.

The content is not finished, click on the second page to continue browsing
User comments